Want to confess your love? Good. This is the lesson for you. There are a ton of fun ways to say I love you in Polish. You will learn how to confess love and we will explain under what circumstances you can use these Polish phrases.
Inside this lesson….
- Learn Polish Romantic Love Phrases
- Learn How to Respond to I Love You in Polish
- Includes Free Audio Lesson on Love Phrases
While you read this, check out this free Audio Lesson from PolishPod101 – a Polish Learning Program – click here for more lessons. Listening to it will help you understand pronunciation. Just press the play button on the player bellow.
- Lesson – 15 Love Phrases for Valentine’s Day
Part 1: How to Say I Love You in Polish
1. I love you in Polish
- Kocham cię
- Transliteration: [Ko:ham chie:]
“Kocham cię” is the most common way to say I love you in Polish. It literally means “Love you.” If you use an online translator to translate from English to Polish, you will see “Ja kocham cię”, but the thing is, in the Polish language the pronoun “I” is almost out-of-use. So, you don’t need the “Ja.”
By saying “Kocham cię,” you let your lovely person know that you adore her (or him). It’s very easy to say and to remember. The first word “kocham” is pronounced like “ko – ham” and the second one “cię” like “che” in a word “cherry”.
2. “I love you from the bottom of my heart”
- Kocham cię z calego serca
- Transliteration: [Ko:ham chie: z cale:go se:rca]
«Serce» means “heart.” So, add the phrase you learned above, “Kocham cię,” to the words words “z calego serca”. You can use this phrase only to a loved one. “Kocham cię z calego serca” is a very emotional and sensual phrase. At the same time, these are beautiful words. Do not hesitate to encourage your loved one with these great words as often as possible.
3. “I like you” in Polish
- Podobasz mi się, Lubię cię
- Transliteration: [Podo:basz mi shie:]
These are the two ways to say I like you in Polish. Yes, just like the English “I like you.”
4. “I like you” in Polish – Part 2
- Lubię cię
- Transliteration: [Lubye chie:]
These phrases are weaker than “I love you.” So, if you do not want to speak directly about love and relationships, you can use “Podobasz mi się” or “Lubię cię”.
5. “I can’t live without you”
- Nie mogę żyć bez ciebie
- Transliteration: [Nie mo:ge gytch bez chie:bie]
These words are really strong and this way you can tell a man or woman that you can’t live without this person. Don`t forget, this phrase is way too emotional so don’t use it too much.
Some more Polish romantic love phrases.
6. I think about you
- Myślę o Tobie
- Transliteration: Myshle o tobye
7. You are so sweet
- Jesteś śliczna
- Transliteration: Ye:stesh shlichna:
8. You are my air
- Jesteś moim powietrzem
- Transliteration: Ye:stesh moim powie:trzem
9. Adore you
- Uwielbiam cię
- Transliteration: [Uwie:lbyam chie:]
Part 2: How to Respond to I Love You in Polish
When someone says “I love you,” you should know how to respond. Depending on how deep and serious is the “I love you”, you can respond with one of the phrases below.
10. I love you too
- też cię kocham
- Transliteration: [Tezh chie: koham]
This is the common way to say “I love you too.” In the Polish language, “też” means “also,” so you can use this phrase to respond to almost all the phrases we’ve discussed in part 1.
11. I adore you too
- też cię uwielbiam
- Transliteration: [tezh chie: uvyelbyam]
12. “I can’t live without you too” in Polish
- też nie mogę żyć bez ciebie
- Transliteration: [Tezh nie mo:ge gytch bez chie:bie]
13. “I like you too”
- Też mi się podobasz, Też cię lubię
- Transliteration: [Tezh podo:basz mi shie:], [tezh chie: lubye:]
14. “I love you from the bottom of my heart too”
- Też kocham cię z calego serca
- Transliteration: [Tezh ko:ham chie: z cale:go se:rca]
And, you’re done! Now, you know how to say I love you in Polish, how to respond it and various sweet, romantic phrases.
Want more? Of course you do! Here are some relevant Polish lessons.
- Learn Polish Phrases: Learn the TOP 17 Polish Compliments
- Learn Polish: 12 Wonderful Ways to Ask Marry Me In Polish
- Polish Lesson: 12 Ways to Ask How Are You in Polish
– PDF Jeff
P.S. I recommend this for Polish learners. If you REALLY want to learn Polish with a complete learning program – 600+ audio/video lessons by Polish teachers – Sign up for free at PolishPod101and start learning!